|Dr. LEKSHMY. PRASANNAN - Assistant Professor | Commerce|
|Academic qualifications||M Com, MPhil, NET with JRF, PhD|
|Date of Joining||2012-09-17|
|Current Professional status||Assistant Professor of Commerce|
|Doctoral Research Experience||10 years|
|Academic Achievements||Obtained PhD in 2017|
|Areas of Academic Interest||Finance and Banking|
|Papers presented in National/International Seminars||• A study on principles of budget making in India - in the one day National Seminar on 'Budgetary practices in India organized by the PG dept of commerce ,All Saints' College Trivandrum and sponsored by the Institute of Parliamentary Affairs , Govername of Kerala on 14th February 2020
• A study on crowd funding as a tool of finance to scale up small and medium enterprises in Kerala - 3 day International Seminar - Dept of commerce, School of Business Management and Legal Studies, January 2020.
• Work Life balance Issues of Women entrepreneurs in Kerala in a two day International Seminar of PG Department of Commerce , St. Gregorious College, Kottarkara, December 2019
•Role of Intellectual property on Economic development of India in the Three day International Seminar by Dept of commerce, School of Business Management and Legal studies, March 2019
•Health Tourism Scenario in Kerala : Opportunities and Threats in a Three day National seminar by the Govt College for women, November 2018
•Role of Case Study Method in Management Research in a 3 day National Seminar by the Directorate of Collegiate education , Govt of Kerala and KNM Govt Arts Science College, Kanjiramkulam , October 2018
•Paper titled GST Implementation- pros and cons in the Two day National Seminar of PG Dept of Commerce, Mannaniya College of Arts and Science, 2018
• Paper titled A study on the revamping of Indian Public sector banks in a seminar organised by Research and Post Graduate Department of Commerce, Sree Narayana College, Kollam and Institute of Company Secretaries of India, 2018
•Modern Management practices and Corporate governance in Cooperative banks in Kerala in Annual Research conference, MG College, Tvpm, 2018
•Role of microfinance in women empowerment in a 2 day National Conference organised by Department of Commerce and Tourism of Catholicate College, Pathanamthitta, Institute of Parliamentary affairs and Co-sponsored by Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, 2017
•;Cashless economy- Pros and cons in a 3 day National Seminar of Dept of Commerce, Govt College, Attingal and Directorate of Collegiate Education, Government of Kerala, 2017.
•Future of Indian Cooperatives- Problems and Challenges in a Three day National Conference, The School of Distance Education, University of Kerala in association with Indian Association for Islamic Economics, Kerala Chapter, 2017
•Knowledgement Management and HumanResources in a Two day National Seminar of PG Department of Commerce , St. Gregorious College Kottarkara sponsored by the UGC, 2017
•A study on regulatory framework for infrastructural development with special reference to power sector Three day International Seminar of Department of Commerce, School of Business Management and Legal Studies, University of Kerala, 2017
•Rural credit delivery scenario - An Indian Perspective in the Two day International Seminar Department of Commerce, School of Business Management and Legal Studies, University of Kerala, 2016
•Marketing Strategies of Insurance Services in a Two Day National Seminar by PG Department of Commerce, Govt College, Attingal and Directorate of Collegiate Education, Government of Kerala, 2015
•Importance of soft skills in Career development in a Two day national seminar by SN College, Chathannur, 2014.
•SWOT Analysis in Cooperative Banks in Kerala in a one day International seminar by Swami Vivekananda Association of Science and Humanities, 2015
•IT in Financial Co Operatives in the Two Day National Seminar by SN College, Varkala sponsored by the UGC, 2014.
•Role of Entrepreneurship education in sustainable development of Indian economy in the 2 day National Seminar of UGC and PG dept of Commerce, Mar Ivanios College, Tvpm, 2013
|Books Chapters||1. • Authored a chapter titled - Investigating the relationship between service quality and customer loyalty through better banking experience in Federal Bank Limited in the book titled Review of operational issues and prospects of commercial banks in the current scenario, ISBN 978-81-949580-9-3, October 2021 2..Emerging trends of E-Business and E-commerce in India' for the book Recent trends in Business and Management June 2020. 3.Work Life Balance Issues of women entrepreneurs 4.. Alternative Finance and Sustainable Development|
|Invited Lectures/Resource person||NIL|
|Symposia/Conference/Workshop/ Conducted/ Attended||One week Faculty Development Programme on Higher Education During COVID Times and After : Challenges and Opportunities organized by the IQAC Bishop Moore College, Mavelikara and Kerala State Higher Education Council, Trivandrum during 23-29 May 2020
•Workshop on Econometrics held at Dept of Commerce, School of Business Management and legal studies, May 21st2019
•.Wokshop on Application of Econometrics in Business research organized by the Post Graduate Dept of commerce, SN College, Kollam, 28th February 2019
•One day seminar on Intellectual property rights organized by Patent information centre- Kerala State council for science, Technology and Environment and Dept of Commerce, MSM College, Kayamkulam, 2019
• National Seminar on Scientific research process sponsored by the MG University, Kottayam and organised by Catholicate College, Pathanamthitta, 20 th August 2019 2019
• National Seminar on Disaster and Crisis: Preparedness, Management and Resilience organized by the UGC - HRDC and SIRA , University of Kerala, Tvpm, 2019
• National Level Environment Management Training 2018 organized by Kerala State Council for Science, Technology Environment and Dept of Botany, SN College, Varkala, 2018.
• Three day national seminar on Ethics in Commerce and Management Research sponsored by the Directorate of Collegiate Education and organized by the Dept of Commerce, Govt College, Attingal, 2018.
• Workshop on Skill building in Business Research organized by the Post Graduate and Research Dept of Commerce,SN College Kollam., 15th, March 2018.
• Faculty Development Programme - 5 day workshop on Data Analysis in Social Science Research sponsored by the Directorate of Collegiate Education and organized by the Research and PG Dept of Commerce, Government College, Attingal on 24th to 28th October 2017.
• One day seminar on Human Rights organised by the NHRC at SN College, Varkala , 2016
• National workshop on Research Methods in Social Sciences organized by the Researches Forum, Dept of Commerce, University of Kerala, 2012.
|Colloquia organized||1.Organised an Investor Awareness programme for the teaching faculty as a coordinator of Investors Club on 27-11-2020(Webinar on Zoom Platform)
2.Organised an International Webinar on the topic Significance of Behavioural finance on 11-08-2020 through google meet as the coordinator , Dept of Commerce, SN College Varkala
3.Organised a workshop on Resume Writing for the final year students as programme coordinator of Placement cell , SN College , Varkala on 6-03-2020.
4.Organised a workshop on Interview skills for the final year students as programme coordinator of Placement cell , SN College, Varkala on 6-03-2020.
5.Organised an orientation programme for Final year students on career prospects in oil and gas industry under placement cell , SN College, Varkala on 26th February 2020.
6.Conducted an orientation Programme in Sivagiri Sree Narayana Senior Secondary School on the topic E-Governance and Digitalization under Investors Club on 22nd March 2019
7. Organized a Workshop under the aegis of Investors club, Dept of Commerce, SN college, Varkala on the topic Investment Planning among Young Investors sponsored by SEBI on 24th January 2019.
8. Organised an orientation programme in Sivagiri Higher Secondary School on the topic Different savings opportunities on 23rd February 2018 as part of the extension activity organised by the Investors Club.
9.Organized a Workshop under the aegis of Investors club, Dept of Commerce, SN College, Varkala on the topic Financial Planning among Young Investors sponsored by SEBI on 8th February 2018.
10.Organised an orientation programme in GLPS, Sreenivasapuram, Varkala on the topic Imporatance of savings habits on 5th January 2018
11.Orientation programme on the topic Investment Avenues in Sivagiri Higher Secondary School on 15th June 2017
12.Orientation Programme on Basic Accounting Principles in Sivagiri Higher Secondary School on 18th March 2016 as part of the extension activity organised by the Investors Club
13.Awareness programme on Tax Planning and Management under Investors club for the teachers of Sivagiri Higher Secondary School on 17th March 2016
14.Orientation Programme for the members of Dhanalekshmi kudumbasree unit on the topic Problems faced by Women Entrepreneurs on July 31st 2016 and 16th November 2016
15. Orientation Programme on the topic Savings Habit among children for the students of GLPS, Sreenivasapuram, Varkala on 14th November 2016 under InvestorsClub.
16.Organized a Workshop under the aegis of Investors club , Dept of Commerce, SN College, Varkala on the topic Financial Planning among Young Investors sponsored by SEBI on 21st March 2016
17.Organized a one day seminar under Hotelier, Dept of Commerce, SN College, Varkala on the topic Hospitality Sector: Opportunities Challenges on 19/09/2015
18. Organised a seminar on Basic Research- Evaluation and Managing your information on 19-02-2015 as part of the college seminar series Aspire 2015 at SN College Chathannur.
19. Organised a seminar on financial planning during the college seminar series Aspire 2014 at SN College, Chathannur
20. Coordinator of UGC sponsored national seminar on the topic 'Life skills Personal leadership skills organized on 10th- 11th December 2014 at SN College, Chathannur.
|Honours/Awards||Received Rashtriya Gaurav Award - Certificate of Excellence from India International Friendship Society in September 2018|
|Administrative distinction||Coordinator of Placement cell ( From 19-20 onwards) Student development Officer - REDC 2020 onwards • Editor and Convener of College Research Journal - Research Essence (ISSN No- 2348-2389 (2016-17 to 2019-20) • Coordinator of Investors Club, Dept of Commerce (2016 till date) • Coordinator of Forum for Academic Social Responsibility ( FASR) , Dept of Commerce ( 2016 till date) • Served as Chairman, Board of Examiners, University of Kerala, Career Related BCom 2 (a) 2017 and BSC Hotel Management 2018-19 • Member of IQAC (2017-18). • Member of Human Rights Forum ( 2018-19 onwards) • Member of ED Club ( 2016 till date) • Member of ED Club, Admission Committee and Red Ribbon cell 2012-13 and 2013-14, SN College, Chathannur • Coordinator of ASAP, 2014-15 at SN College, Chathannur • NSS Programme Officer 2012-13 at SN College, Chathannoor|
|Membership Professional Bodies||1.Life member of Indian Accounting Association ( Membership No TV- 175) 2. Life member of Society of Innovative Researchers and Academicians (SIRA) Membership no - 10/2019/171|
|Publications in National/ International Journals||
• Significance of capacity management in Govt Medical College Thiruvananthapuram during covid19 pandemic- Primax International journal of commerce and management research, ISSN (online ) 2321-3612, open access, Impact factor 7.184, Vol 9, No2, July –September 2021
• Regressing Leadership on job analysis and job resources and its effect on performance indicators at Infosys Limited- Management Researcher, Vol XXVII, No 2 April-June 2021, pages11-18
A study on crowdfunding as a tool of finance to scale up small and medium enterprises in Kerala, Our Heritage [UGC CARE listed journal], January 2020.
• A Study on Principles of Budget Making in India in UGC Care Journal - SIPN (Studies in Indian place names) UGC CARE listed journal with Impact Factor 6.3 RF, Vol 68 (48), P.148. Feb 2020
•Intellectual Property Rights and Economic Development in IMPACT - International Journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Literature, impact factor: 3.7985; ICV Factor 42.56;NAAS Rating : 3.10; UGC approved Journal - 40893, Vol - 07 (1) March 2019.
A Study on Modern Management Practices in Cooperative Banks in Kerala in Management Researcher UGC Approval no : 63925, Peer reviewed, vol xxiv March 2018.
•A Study on Regulatory Framework for infrastructural development with special reference to power sector in Commerce and Business researcher, Vol 10 Issue 1 ISSN 0976-4097, P. 194, January-June 30, 2017
•Review of Cooperative Banks in Kerala- what we know and what we need to know Management Researcher, Vol xxxiv, Aug 2017, p 71 ISSN 2230-8431.
•Managerial problems of Cooperative Banks in Kerala
ManagemenResearcher ISSN 2230-8431, Volxxii (4) , P.117, Jan-March 2016
•Rural Credit Delivery Scenario - An Indian Perspective Commerce and Business Researcher , Vol 9(1), p 386
•Professionalism in District Cooperative Banks in Kerala Management Researcher ISSN 2230-8431,Volxxii (2), P. 35. Oct- Dec 2015
•Swot analysis of Cooperative Banks in Kerala Commerce &amp;amp;amp;amp;amp; Business Researcher ISSN 0976-4097, Vol 8 (3 and 4), p.60,.July - Dec 2015