|Dr.Rinku Babu - Assistant Professor | Commerce|
|Academic qualifications||M.Com, M.Phil, Ph.D|
|Date of Joining||2016-01-21|
|Current Professional status||Assistant Professor|
|Doctoral Research Experience||9years|
|Academic Achievements||Obtained PhD in 2018|
|Areas of Academic Interest||Finance, Tourism|
|Papers presented in National/International Seminars||1. Participated and presented a paper titled "Impact of Demonetisation - A Critical Study", in the National Seminar on "Demonetisation and Aftermath" organised jointly by the Kerala Academy of Social Sciences, Thiruvananthapuram and the Post Graduate Department of Commerce, Govt. Arts College, Thiruvananthapuram on 4th February 2017.
2. Participated and presented a paper titled " Credit Shocks and Monetary Policy Shocks are Overriding Asset Prices", in the three day International Seminar on "Infrastructure - Industrialisation and Development: Forward Linkages Drawing from Global Models" organised by the Department of Commerce, School of Business Management and Legal Studies, University of Kerala on February 16th, 17th and 18th, 2017.
3. Participated and presented a paper titled "Tourism and The Sustainable Economic Development of Kerala- An Analysis" in the Three Day National Seminar on "Changing Paradigms in Tourism Industry of Kerala" organised by Post Graduate and Research Department of Commerce on November 07, 08 and 09, 2018.
4. Participated and presented a paper entitled "The Role of Tourism on the Environment" in the University of Kerala sponsored Two-Day National Seminar on "Natural Resources and Human Development: The Kerala Perspective" organised by PG and Research Department of Economics, SreeNarayana College, Sivagiri, Varkala during 25th and 26th March, 2019.
5. Participated and presented a paper entitled "Forex Earnings - An Analysis of the Major Components of Current Account in the Balance of Payments of India" in the Three Day International Seminar on "Trade War - Does it Affect the Global Free Trade Order?" organised by the Department of Commerce, School of Business Management and Legal Studies, University of Kerala during 26th to 28th March 2019.
6. Participated and presented a paper entitled "Window of Government Borrowings - An Analysis of Primary Dealers", in the Three Day International Seminar on "Business Models - Government Borrowings and Sourcing Finance for Sealing Business Operations" organised by the Department of Commerce, School of Business Management and Legal Studies, University of Kerala during 20th to 22nd January 2020.
7. Participated and presented a paper entitled "Carbon Credit- A Fruit from the Hot", in the Two Day National Seminar on "Environmental Accounting and Green Practices in Business" organised by the Post Graduate Department of Commerce and Research Centre of Mahatma Gandhi College, Thiruvananthapuram on 13th and 14th February 2020.
|Invited Lectures/Resource person||Nil|
|Symposia/Conference/Workshop/ Conducted/ Attended||1. Participated in the "One Day Training Programme on Human Rights" organised by SreeNarayana College, Punalur, Kollam in association with National Human Rights Commission, New Delhi on 22nd March 2017.
2. Participated in the University Sponsored Short-term Course in Business Mathematics and E-Business (Faculty Development Programme) conducted by the UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, University of Kerala, Kariavattom, Trivandrum, from 21-01-2019 to 23-01-2019.
3. Participated in the workshop on "Application of Econometrics in Business Research" jointly organised by the Research and Post Graduate Department of Commerce, SreeNarayana College, Kollam and The Kerala State Higher Education Council on 28th February 2019.
|Colloquia organized||Organized a National Webinar on Post Covid Career Prospects in the Tourism and Hospitality Industry on 12th August 2020|
|Administrative distinction||• Associate NCC Officer (From 01/08/2021 Onwards) • Nodal Officer – Swatch Bharath Mission (From 01/08/2021 Onwards) • Served as Chairman, Board of Examinates of Kerala University, Career Related BMS and BSc Hotel Management, 2021 • Coordinator of Certificate Programme in Food Processing (Skill Based Programme Under UGC – National Skills Qualification Framework, NSQF – 2020 Onwards) • Student Development Officer (Technology – REDC, 2020 Onwards • Served as Senior Assistant Superindetent of University Examination (From 01/02/2019 – 31/07/2021) • Member in Performing Arts Club, Admission Committee, Tourism Club, Discipline Committee, Entrepreneurship Development, 2021 – 2022 • Coordinator of Performing Arts Club (2018 – 19) • Internal Mentor of SSP Programme (2018 -19) • Served as Tutor of B.Com Finance (2018 – 21 Batch)|
|Membership Professional Bodies||Nil|
|Publications in National/ International Journals||1 : Window of Govt. Borrowings – An Analysis of Primary Dealers in UGC Care Journal – Study in Indian Place Names, Vol. 40, Feb 2020, P.291.
2 : Forex Earnings – An Analysis of Major Components of Current Account in the Balance of Payment of India in International journal of Research in Humanities, Arts and Literature, Vol. – 07, March 2019, P.130 - 133